Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Robbed! Fuck!
















So there's been no post lately coz I had my awesome library of tunes robbed. And my computer. Assholes. But it's almost cathartic, I get to start all over again, get rid of the shit.... nothing like a big purge to work out what music is good.

Well... the Meredith first announcement was made.

HOLY FUCK / LITTLE RED / MGMT / SAUL WILLIAMS / MAN MAN / THE BRONX / MUSCLES / FINAL FANTASY / TAME IMPALA / BEACHES / THE MOUNTAIN GOATS / TEN EAST / THE RUBY SUNS / BLACK DIAMOND HEAVIES / COMBO LA REVELACION / YACHT CLUB DJS / GRAND SALVO / ADAM GREEN / THE DATSUNS / ARCHITECTURE IN HELSINKI / REGURGITATOR

I think I picked three of those... to be honest I'm a little disappointed with the lineup. Some of the stuff I hadn't heard sounded interesting (Man Man, Black Diamond Heavies, Ten East), but nothing that's as great as past Meredith discoveries (Tapes n Tapes, Band of Horses, Girl talk). MGMT should be a lot of fun, Little Red are always lovely, Muscles... meh, The Datsuns and Regurgitator will both rock the party, and Tame Impala will bring the colours. Whatever that means. I also kinda like Holy Fuck. Here they are.




Originally I was annoyed... but I was thinking of the Fuck Buttons... who sound a bit like the retarded introspective shite pitchfork love. I am not a fan of the Animal Collective. But here are the Fuck Buttons for those interested.



I know what I'd rather from the Fuck bands.

So the Robbers stole my computer, but not my TV or my Radio. So to celebrate, here's the new TV on the Radio song on their website. I like TV on the Radio. You can't download it though, but it's not as good as their old stuff, so here's some better old stuff.





Those songs are grand, off their first EP. It's very good.

Peacie Outie!

No comments: