Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Choke

I'm a big Chuck Palahniuk fan... actually, let me rephrase that... I and I think a lot of other ' Chuck Palahniuk fans' saw Fight Club and read the book. I like the look of some of his other books, but I really can't get my ass into gear to buy them. Stick them in a box set and maybe I'll get em. Or if somebody buys them for me, so be it. (I'm not ignorant... I do read other books.)

But I had heard a lot about Choke, I think his 4th novel. And when I heard it was going to be turned into a film, I thought great! Think of Fight Club...Aside from the great direction, casting, effects, use of Meatloaf, costumes and music, the story is freakin great. Choke looks just as good. Any money the Herald Bum uses the words 'Sex Club' at least once during the promotion of this film.



Stupid shit Fox site for the film doesn't believe anybody without a zipcode is over 18... so we have to make do with the standard family friendly trailer. The other one is better... lots of rude bits.

Anyway, as awesome as the film looks, it's just got Awesomer. Apparently Chuck was listenin to Radioheads album Pablo Honey a whole lot during the writing of the novel, so they were approached to write the tune for the closing credits of the film. If I were radiohead, I'd have given this song.



But unfortunatly, I'm not Radiohead.... and they decided to score the whole film. Exciting stuff yeah?


BONUS:
Uberdrivel had this tune up... check out their blog too.
Vampire Weekend- Exit Music (For a Film) (Radiohead Cover)



Later Dater

No comments: