Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Long time...

I went to Parklife on Sunday, and other than Soulwax giving one of the best gigs I have ever seen in my entire life, there were few highlights. One of them being Ajax dropping a song that I've been kind of going a bit bonkers for the past week. This girl is named Lykke Li, she's Sweedish... always a good sign. Her album was produced by Bjorn Yttling (Friend of Peter and John). I think it's great.



That was kind of poppy, so here's something with a little more bollocks. Kind of. Years ago Mercury Rev were kinda big... they had a song called holes which was pretty big and nice and great. They've gone a bit nuts and thought they'd release two albums on the same day. Not only that... but one of them is free. Not only that... but you can download it off their website. Not only that... you have to provide your contact details... fuck that. That's why you should go to http://revolution9.blogs.se/ to get it... it's a hot blog full of albums to download. New stuff, old stuff.. very good. Probably will only last a week, but it's good for the moment. 

Back to Mercury Rev... The free album is a crazy experimental rock record, which I likey likey. I think.... to be fair I've only heard the first track, but that was pretty pretty pretty good. Download it from this blog if you can't be bothered going the whole hog.

Thats all for the moment... stay tuned for a post where I complain about every festival lineup that has been announced lately. 

No comments: